Then today, after a disappointing trip out for some leggings (to wear with my knitted boots and big jumper) and accidentally buying two new outfits and a stripy sweat top for Nathaniel (only came to £6.50, I love sales) I have knitted some more. I am really loving these, they are dead easy and look really professional (always good).
Here are today's creations;
Cream eye lash yarn with a huge (bigger than a £2 coin) antique mother-of-pearl button centre;
Silver fluffy yarn with red glass beads;
Chunky multi coloured autumn type colours with poundland (yes, poundland) wooden beads in orange and pink, a perfect match;
This is Nathaniel's fave (not because it's pink, although that does help), made with fluffy pink yarn and little silver bells that really jingle (you can just see then nestled in the centre);
And I have been tagged by the lovely Pixiedust over at Faerie Nuff.
1.Link to the person who tagged you.
2.Post the rules on your blog.
3.Write six random things about yourself.
4.Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5.Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6.Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I did one of these not so long ago but not wanting to be a party pooper, I'll see if I can find six more things.......
1. I like to read in the bath, it is probably my favourite thing to do (especially when I am cold/tired/poorly/menstrual) but sadly only happens a half dozen times a year and then usually someone has to come in and poo!
2. I leave little notes for my family reminding them of my love in their pockets and lunch boxes. Simon is already truly embarrassed by it and it won't be long before the girls find it a bit naff too. I have already had the conversation with Elizabeth that "Soon I will be too big to kiss you at school, Mum" bu was reassured that she would kiss me everyday at home before we left!
3. The first present Simon bought for me was a pair of bottle green Doc Martens, they were (and still are) the only pair I ever had that was new and complete. I had had several pairs of pre-owned or seconds due to lack of monies. I loved them and they are still in a box on top of my wardrobe with holes in the soles where I wore them to death!
4.I like the smell of laundry!
5. I didn't go to primary school. Well, I did, for a term but became so ill and withdrawn that my parents removed me. My brother and I were home educated until 11 when we decided that we should go to school and make some friends (we relocated from Essex to Lancashire some years before). I still hated school and it still made me ill but I got out the other end in one piece and am here to tell the tale so it's ok really. Fortunately my children love school. They hate being parted from me for long parts of the day but they love learning and have friends and it makes me really happy for them. I often wonder if I missed something.
6. I made a very large toasted cheese and tomato sandwich that Nathaniel and I shared at lunchtime. It was very good as we were feeling cold but I now feel greasy and slightly sick!
And I would hereby like to tag Julie, Juicyfig as she has been very quiet of late, Hannah as she is a newbie and we really should know more about her, Lynn as her daughter tidies in much the same fashion as I do, Ethel so she can give us six random facts about being poorly and finally Tales From The Crib as the blog name makes me laugh out loud and the photos are brill!!