Saturday, 26 April 2008

A Two Cat Family

Firstly, a fond farewell to Mr. Hercule Davies;


The terrible wet (smelly) poo was a sad symptom of the feline leukaemia that Hercule had, he has been unwell for a while and was a very old man at nearly 13. I took him to the vet on Thursday afternoon only to be told that he had a huge mass in his abdomen and that there really was no treatment available for him. I brought him home so that we could explain to the children and let them say goodbye. He had lots and lots of cuddles.
While the girls were at school yesterday I fed him a tin of tuna and some chocolate buttons, both favourites that usually upset his tummy. Figured it didn't matter much. Nathaniel and I took him to the vet and he came out of his box and sat on the table for a cuddle and died while I held him and whispered in his ear. Very sad indeed but less so than having to watch him become more and more ill.





We will miss him very much. His brother and sister (Vincent and Josephine) have had a look for him but don't seem overly bothered. Such is feline love!


Now, lets get to blog business; I received this award from the lovely Twiggy she passed it on to five people but being a fairly new blogger I don't have that many favourites to pass it on to. Swirly said she didn't want one as she already has this one, fine says I! Have to wait for a different one to pass to her (hint, hint)!

So I would like to give this award to;
Jenny at Jenny Flower, Ruth at Tip Top Toppers, Sharon at Iris and Lily and Scary Mommy
Thanks for all the rantings and support and inspiration ladies!!


Daisie xxx

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Sorry about poor Hercule.
Very excited to receive award, my first quite possibly since leaving school! Thanks! x

Tip Top said...

Me too!! I hardly ever win anything (except being on Design Team at Funky Hand yeah-ha!!) So thank you very much Daisie!!! I shall blog it heheheh!!

Sorry to hear about your puss - I love cats but I'm very allergic but it touched me all the same.

jennyflower said...

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you were terribly brave and grown up, well done.

Thanks for my award, and for helping me put it up! It's very lovely of you,as usual.

Hope next week is much much better for you.xxxx

twiggypeasticks said...

Awww it's sad when our pets die, they're part of the family aren't they? Our lovely guinea pigs Miss Queenie and Miss Peaches died this year - they were old ladies, now we have a goldfish called Sping!!! Thankfully Twiglet is too young to understand it all. You did the kindest thing for Hercule though, sending you all a big hug.
Twiggy x

Griffin said...

So, so sorry to hear about poor old Hercule. I remember losing our cat Manfred and I still miss him ten years later. I adore cats. All that elegance and wit...and fluff!

On the other hand, you are an utterly talented mum and your kids love you... and so does the Blogverse. I merely look at your work and am amazed... and impressed. Amazed and impressed... and awestruck... ahem.

Well anyway I like your stuff a lot.

Hope next week is better and that chocolate is involved. For you, not the kids.

Scary Mommy said...

For some reason, I just noticed this!! Thanks so much :)