Friday 18 April 2008

Buttons!!!


We finally made it to Manchester Art Gallery to see the button exhibition!! We've been meaning to go for ages and I'm so glad we did, it was fab!! I was tempted to sweep them all into my handbag and run home and count them and sort them and just love them but that would be a bad thing to do and I do try to be a good girl. I did take millions of pictures though but have only included a few in my blog.....

Oh, to have £3 million to spend on buttons....



More buttons than you can shake a stick at.....




There were lots and lots of novelty buttons and children's buttons, in this pic there are mini wooden sailors (on the left), shiny metal saxophones, butterflies, pandas, dogs, fish, flowers and some funky plastic sunglasses. I used to have some of these on a cardigan in the height of style when a small girl in the 80s....




There were buttons on boots....


And buttons on gloves....


And a super button hat that we all tried on....





All this excitement was too much for Nathaniel....


And I just don't get this, do you....?



Anyway, I could stay here and ramble about buttons all day and the trip to Primark that followed, lets just say that Elizabeth has lots of new knickers and two t-shirts, Francesca has two pairs of trousers, I have some linen trousers and Nathaniel has two pairs of PJ's and seven new vests!!!!
Off now to explore Lancaster Castle....
Daisie xxx

3 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Now I understand!! I feel a trip to Manchester coming on - I'll distract the guards with my bad fashion sense and you can grab the buttons - deal??

saraeden said...

We went to see the buttons a couple of weeks ago ..... we had great fun picking out buttons that we have the same as at home !!!!

Indigo Blue said...

At last! I have been telling my students how great buttons are and here I have the proof.
Many thanks.