Friday 11 April 2008

Things That I made Today....

Another productive day here in the Davies' house, while the girls were finishing their breakfast (do all children take an age to eat or is it just mine?) I made a paper pattern for a handbag, an idea came to me. This is what I ended up with;




I think that it could perhaps be a bit fuller in the bottom and it needs a bit of tweaking but it's fully lined and I have stiffened the handles with plastic tubing, it looks really good. I like it, expect to see more in this style made from my amazing upholstery fabrics! While I did this the girls made a miniature seascape with some blue bubble-wrap at it's centre, quite cool.

Then we went into town to visit the post office and Poundland (for eBay packing materials) and had a good visit to The Works (bookshop) as they're closing down and lots of goodies are rather cheap. Then we went to see Lynsey and had some lunch, thanks Lyns!!

Home again mid afternoon to make a birthday card for the sister-in-law, then a brief walk to post it. Supervised Elizabeth making a card for her friend Ellie-Kay's birthday on Sunday.

I made this rather lovely mousy shirt for my niece, Mhairi, who will be 11 on Sunday. It came from my fabric finds of yesterday and it has a swirly whirly tail that goes round the back of the shirt;




Then I made this hot pink cord shoulder bag, with mouse, to put it in;




Finally I made this little oil skin number for Elizabeth to deliver Ellie-Kay's presents in;




I did also make a shepherd's pie but we ate that and I didn't take any pics!
Daisie xxx


2 comments:

jennyflowerblue said...

Oh my God, sit down and have a cup of tea girl! What a creating frenzy (fantastic results though you clever sausage!) love the mousey items do you bondaweb them? Do you use a stabilizer on the inside of the tees? Go on give me all your trade secrets!

Twiggy said...

Gosh you've had a busy day and it's all terrific stuff, love the bag and the mousey stuff is fab!
Twiggy x