Monday 11 May 2009

A Tidy Stash :-)

Today I is been mostly folding and sorting and falling in love all over again with each and every piece of fabric in my collection. There are some pieces that are going to new homes though. Pieces that I have had for a long time and have not made use of, seems silly to keep hold of them for another year and still not use them and shhhh, Simon might be listening, I will make room for new things. Cunning or what?!

I had planned on filling one side of one wall with my fabrics and sewing box and machine (I need to make it a new cover any good tutes out there?), I did quite well with the yarn and now have one big box to keep and a carrier bag that is going to be shared around and recycled. But the fabric was harder, I spilled over onto another shelf, do you think anyone will notice?



Here are my luverly upholstery fabrics great for bags and cushions and doorstops;



On the left here are very light cottons, perfect for children's projects and on the right my plain fabrics for linings (and boring people);


My nice clean empty shelves looked a little scruffy when filled (read crammed) with all my stuff so I knocked up a couple of end curtain type thingies, gotta love sticky velcro, so when you open the door, this is what you see;


Clean and crisp and airy, at least now I won't be ditracted by all the loveliness when I am working at my desk so should stay on task. She says, this is almost an impossibility and has never happened before!!

Apologies again for lots of stash pictures but be warned there will be more!

Daisie xxx

5 comments:

jennyflowerblue said...

Can I please move in?

Swirlyarts said...

I'm liking the curtains - but do you honestly think it will stop you from being distracted??

Vicky x said...

Mmmmmm, fabric...

Little House By The Sea said...

WOW, it is looking good. Cant wait to see some more..

Sarah x

Jackie said...

How lovely and tidy. I hope it lasts.