Thursday 7 May 2009

A Boy Project?

Firstly have a quick look at these beauties that were given to me by the lovely Jenny at playgroup on Tuesday, mmmmm;



Now the other day when I went on a mammoth spending spree with my friend Gil I bought some fabric with a boy project in mind.

Well, it ended up being a boy project;



And a unisex project;




And a decidedly girlie project also;



Quite pleased with what I managed out of a seven pound piece of fabric and some plain cotton t-shirts! There are also the coloured circles left and the cream circles with coloured borders that were interspersed with the picture circles. I am thinking that I may cut some flowers from scraps left over from bag and hat making and sew those to the circles and then put them onto t-shirts too? If the weather is fine at the next fair (so we'll be outside and not in) I have been promised to have my stall between two trees so I can rig up a washing line to hang them from! I have been looking for a child size dummy/mannequin and will have to sell a kidney (or an awful lot of t-shirts) if I'd like to own one :-( But this afternoon at Boobie Club (yes, we have moved day and time, just to confuse people, mainly me) I discovered the dolls used for baby massage training and they are yummy. Soft bodied, about the size of an 18month old, there are different skin tones too. I am hoping I will be allowed to borrow at least one (maybe two) to dress in my t-shirts or dresses and sit them at either end of my stall. The children, of course, will be head to toe Daisie Davies too!

Anyway, I best get back to sewing the labels into the t-shirts and tie off all the ends!

Daisie xxx

5 comments:

Beki said...

Ooooh, button envy!
The t-shirts look great, well done!
Take care
((hugs))
Beki xxx

Mandy said...

Oh I love the t shirts they are gorgeous. I can just see my little Archie, in one of those. x

Swirlyarts said...

Cool - they look good!

jennyflowerblue said...

Goodness me, those look super ace! Aren't you clever?

Vicky x said...

Love the cow vest, what a great idea. Vx