Friday 1 May 2009

School Fair

This afternoon was a resounding success. Even though the sky was grey and the rain was heavy at times lots of mums, dads, grandmas and aunties turned up at school (even Mrs Swirly and small swirls came to say hello).

Here is my little pitch;


My fancy pegs looked rather good and sold well;



Sadly nobody took home one of my felt purses;


The button bracelets and hair clips went like hot cakes and I only brought a couple of each home with me, half the brooches sold too;



My bags spilled over onto the window sill, I lightly stuffed them with some newspaper just to give them some shape;


The poppy shoulder bag sold and four of my shopping totes. I have taken orders for two more shoulder bags and a special order for two girls' sunhats that match and a request for a brooch, a teacher rather liked it but it had sold by the time she came back so I need to make another for her. And because it went so well it meant that I could add a nice sized donation to the school pot!
Daisie xxx

8 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

It was great - the girls loved their painted faces. Photographs tomorrow!

Locket Pocket said...

Well done! It sounds like it went brilliantly! Lucy x

Jackie said...

Hooray! Its always a worry whether anything will sell. I know, so congratulations.

Izabela said...

thank you for the very nice comment on my blog, I just neede some support and different views but we stopped nursing because it was really hurting now to do it, but my older ones stopped on their own without my help on 15 and 13 month...

I feel ok and he feels good as he still has me all the time to hug and kiss him when he needs me...

thank you again

I.
xxx

Jude said...

Yeah!!!!
Good start to the 'season'.
Best get on with filling up for the next one, when is that????
Well done Daisie,

jennyflowerblue said...

Corr, looks fab and glad you made a nice lot of sales, well done you!

Stacey-Ann said...

That's wonderful! Congrats on your success.

Tip Top said...

Wow! You did do well!! So, school fairs are the way to go then?!! Do like your bags!!