Wednesday 29 April 2009

Button Bracelets

I managed to create these little lovelies at boobie club this morning. We are very quiet :-( we have lots of enquiries but not many takers, we asked some questions and it seems the timing is putting people off (especially new mums), so as of next week we'll be dishing out advice and support on a Thursday afternoon instead.


This means that we have time in the schedule of the centre to start our craft group on the wednesday morning, we will do our making, drinking coffee and chatting in the community room, leaving the creche free for our little ones to enjoy games and snacks and stuff! Really looking forward to it! We were hoping that we could start a 'stitch and bitch' type group with a creche too but there is only me and one other lady that knit and would be interested at the mo. Plus, sure start want to call it sticth and chat! Not exactly what it says on the tin really!?

Anyhoo, it means there will be another day booked up for me after the spring bank half term holiday! Busy busy bee.

We were chatting this morning about projects we could do. They need to fit into a two hour slot and not need a huge amount of skill or cost the earth (we have a limited budget). I suggested shadow boxes with mod roc or clay stuff, jewellery making on a small scale, felt purses/brooches and scrap booking type stuff or picture frames as we all have small children. Any suggestions would be brilliant!

Daisie xxx

4 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Sorry, my ideas supply has all dried up! But I love those button bracelets you've been making! Lucy x

Jude said...

Making simple memory quilts using kids/babies old clothes?? I wish I had done it..It would solve these arguements between my son and myself, he insists I made him dress in a shirt/ shorts affair that was red and white flowers...as if!!
Maybe some sort of scrap booking with photos and memorabilia of the children. I'm into keeping as much of that stuff so we don't forget the young years, because, honestly, it does soon dissappear and I'm not that old...
You have to call it stitch and bitch.........

Swirlyarts said...

Cool - like the bracelets! What time is the fair tomorrow? We might come along after school :)

Karen said...

This looks amazing. Thank you very much for posting this.