Tuesday 21 April 2009

And The Cure Is...

...Green Pasta!!

Today was horrible, as I had suspected. Francesca was so brave but the noise was making me feel sick as he grabbed her tooth and twisted and pulled, I can't imagine what it must have sounded like to poor old Francesca!? She was very brave and only whimpered slightly. She collected her tooth in a little bag and some spare dressings (we used them all, thought we may have to go back as it took ages for the bleeding to stop) and a princess sticker. Fine. As soon as we were out of the door she crumpled and said "It really hurts!" We hugged on the pavement for ages with the blood and spit pouring own her chin :-( oh and the snot from crying! We were a charming sight!

She spent the afternoon laying on the sofa feeling sorry for herself. It must be sore as she hasn't even been sucking her thumb for comfort.

We collected Elizabeth from school in the car and came back to watch some telly and veg. Not sure what she would eat (but knowing she would be hungry by now) I asked if there was anything she fancied? The answer was without hesitation; green pasta!*


Green Pasta;

Table spoon olive oil.
A couple of onions, chopped.
A big fat clove of garlic, chopped.
A teaspoon chili flakes (or fresh equivalent).
Two large courgettes (or zucchini if we're being intercontinental).
Pasta of your choice.

Warm oil through in a pan with the garlic and chili, allowing flavour to infuse.

Add chopped onion and sweat (onions, not you!).

Add courgette and heat until cooked and tender.

Now before we had children I used to grate the courgette and let it float artily in the oil and serve with fancy tagliatelle and a big green salad. Since the children (well, Elizabeth really and her dislike of identifiable green veg) I just roughly chop everything and then when cooked I give it a quick blitz with a hand blender so it looks more like a pesto and serve on small pieces of pasta (like penne) that are easy to get on a spoon when you are only small and grate some cheese on the top (Francesca's favourite bit)!

She scoffed the lot and asked for more.

While the children watched some terrible version of postman pat (quite unlike any I remember as a child) I mananged to throw together the bag for the swap;


I don't want to show you anymore than that as am not sure if my partner is reading and don't want to spoil the suprise!

And now all the children are bathed and in bed asleep I am going to tackle my next project while Simon works late;


Update will follow (depending on whether my idea works or not).....

Daisie xxx

* please excuse all the crap on the dining table while my children eat. Normally I clear the table fully beofre we sit down to dine but as the children were tired I just fed them, only being three they fit round one side of the table so I can simply push everything to the other side! Bad, bad mother! x

6 comments:

Bagladee said...

Oh I'm so sorry for Francesca having her tooth out bless....I'm a grown woman and I sobbed before I even went in to have one out last year. I feel her pain, she was a very brave girl. And that pasta looks yummy!! Cant wait to see the bag for the swap it looks great.xx

Thecraftytrundler said...

Bless her!!! At least it can heal, and get better now. I'm sure mum's Green pasta helped!
Like the look of that bag!! Look forward to seeing it in it's entirety!! I have been sewing for my swaps today, and mowing the grass, and shopping!! I haven't stopped!

Hugs

Sharon xx

Jude said...

Poor girl, and you!!
My daughter (32) in Saudi, is suffering at the moment with an infection, lump, in her jaw and ear and I'm feeling for her, I see her on Skype and she looks so poorly and in pain.....It never stops Daisie!!!

jennyflowerblue said...

Oh bless her and her gappy mouth. I had a wisdom tooth out and after the shock of it I felt sooooo much better without the constant ache. I am impressed at the table- Anna is currently eating breakfast sat on Zebra! Really love the bag-lucky lucky swap partner.

Tip Top said...

Hehehe - my table is like that! Glad she is ok though - does sound terrible

Little House By The Sea said...

What a brave girlie you have there.. I really feel for her.

Sarah x