Saturday 25 April 2009

Craft Fair Madness

First craft fair of the year on friday and as usual am afraid I don't have enough 'stock'.

I have purses and hair clips and shoppers and girls hats and bags ready.

The children and I had been in and out during the morning as it was really warm and sunny, washing was hung, bikes were ridden, balls were kicked etc. We decided to have a picnic lunch. Elizabeth went and hunted down the picnic blanket, Francesca helped me find three small lunch boxes from under the sink (a dangerous task alone), I cracked open a tin of tuna especially and found some cherry tomatoes and even a packet of crisps!! We settled down and then the heavens opened, we dashed in before our sandwiches became soggy! We picnicked in the dining room but indoor picnics just aren't as much fun :-(

So the children settled for watching the Dr. Who easter special (that I hadn't seen) instead. We watched and I made some felt birthday cards;


Some more embellished notebooks;



And some brooches;

The knitted ones I did last night. Think they look rather yummy (but are a bit drained of their colour here because of the flash)!

Knitting a couple more tonight and then making some notecard sets tomorrow and sewing together the shopping totes that have already had the handles made so shouldn't take too long.

I also have to sew the smock dresses together and have been asked to make one for Sarah to wear on her holidays and seeing as it was her birthday yesterday how could I refuse!

Daisie xxx

2 comments:

jennyflowerblue said...

Looking good for stock! Well done, have to get the wheels turning here too, just can't sem to squash it in! If you are making grown up tops I think mt measureents would be about 52" and 3"- if you get me ;0)!

Thecraftytrundler said...

You have been busy!! I don't know where you find the time!!
They're lovely, and I hope you have a good day!
Would love to try smocking, I am very impressed!!

Have a lovely week : )

Sharon xx