Wednesday 15 July 2009

Zippy Gifts

It's the last day of the school term tomorrow, this school year infact!! From half past two tomorrow afternoon I have all my babies all to myself :-)

It saddens me that I seem to be the only Mummy in the playground who looks forward to spending time with her children. I know there will be times when they annoy me so much that I want to lock them (or myself) into a cupboard, I know that at some point the girls bickering over silly things will make me want to bang their heads together and am sure I will shout at least a few (million) times but we will have fun adventures and lazy days and snuggles and not have to live by the timetable that dictates when we get up, when we go out, where we go etc. I can't wait!!!

And as it's the end of the year I have made little prezzies for the girls' teachers. Little zippy purses with felt flowers (on brooch backs so can be removed and added else where);



All colour coordinated to match the teacher's personal taste and the card I made for them. Two of Elizabeth's teachers have got little tea towel pinnies that I made but Elizabeth ever efficient and not at all anal (?) wrapped them before I could get to them with the camera, don't know where she gets it from....?

The same happened with the cards, they are coloured and styled to suit the teacher but I put them out to be written after school and they were signed, licked and sticked before the blink of an eye. Here's the last one, I got to Francesca before she licked;



Busy day tomorrow, lots of presents to deliver, Simon's college is moving to a new site after the summer break so he is packing his office tomorrow and I will be needed to to and fro with stuff, girls finish early and in theory I am being taken out for my tea sans children, oooh, watch this space (as they say).

Daisie xxx

4 comments:

Jude said...

How exciting!!
Busy day, have fun

Bagladee said...

they look great Alex, loving the delicate lettering on the card. xx

WendyCarole said...

ooooooooh what lovely gifts.

I use dto love the summer holidays with my children too. But most other mums seemed to dread it.

Twiggy said...

Very lovely. I love having Twiglet at home with me full time, a few mums have told me they can't wait to get their children off to full time school in September - why on earth did they have children if they feel that way!!!!!
Twiggy x