Wednesday 2 July 2008

A Bit Of Excitement On A Wednesday Night!

Blimey, there I was cooking pie for tea, Nathaniel at my feet not being helpful, Francesca soaking in a tub filled with raspberry flavoured bubbles, Elizabeth practicing her spellings when the phone rang. OMG who the bloody hell is ringing a mother of three at this time in the evening!? T'was Swirly! Oh my, she is poorly, poor pumpkin. Could I take her to the hospital? Of course I could!!

An hour later after shovelling tea down three small people and clearing away the dishes and after much yelling of "brush your teeth!" "have you had a wee?" "Get in here NOW if you want a story!" all the babies were tucked up in bed. Simon came through the door, I pointed him in the direction of his tea and went to the car (the car that I am trying not to use this week, that's friendship for you!). Off to get the patient. Then off to Blackburn to find the hospital, it's all got terribly complicated since they closed most of Burnley's Hospital. We were so used to having it all on the doorstep :-(

I collected her and her bag and off we drove into the sunset (well sort of) with no children in the car!! That never happens! Out at night time with no off spring! Not quite the jolly jaunt one would hope for but probably the best either of us are going to get for the foreseeable future! Ha ha!

Didn't get lost, hurrah! We found her room and were greeted not too warmly by a grumpy staff nurse who was about to go off shift. Maybe she'd had a hard day? I felt very sad leaving her, she can't have anything to eat or drink until they have decided what it is she's got and what they're going to do about it. I gave her a big hug before I left and am sure you all are sending big cyber hugs too. I will keep you all posted!

The crafting I had planned (and walked a long way to get fabric for) for tonight will have to wait until tomorrow now but nevermind!

Daisie xxx

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Please keep us informed of how she is doing. Poor Lynsey :o(
What a fab chum you are to come to her rescue. :o)

Swirlyarts said...

I didn't realise that I had interrupted crafting time - sorry :) And thanks again xxx