Sunday 26 September 2010

Knit, Knit, Knit, Knit, Knitting!!

I haven't done any real knitting for ages, please bear in mind that I only do little projects anyway as I like to finish and move on, instant gratification and all that. Last night I knocked out this funky girlie beanie hat for me (well, it has to be for me as I made a small mistake in the pattern and although I have been reassured by everyone in the house that it's not visible, I know it's there and couldn't be bothered to frog). It does look good though and is rather cosie;



There must be a way to take good pictures of yourself, tips anyone?!


In my new knitty mood, am sure it's the colder and darker evenings that drive me to it, I got out all the boxes of yarn that are stashed upstairs looking for inspiration, I found some beautiful and silky feeling yarn I bought at the Knitting and Stitching show last year. It was a big twisted skien and looked so amazing and professional until I wound it, badly, into this uninspiring 'ball';



But then I turned it into this;


Ooooooh, it's pretty and is available (with free postage and packing) in my shop!


I'm not the only one knitting in the Davies' househlod this weekend, a crippled Elizabeth (she tripped last night and hurt her toe, I told her to not be so silly and get some sleep and it would be better in the morning, actually by this morning it was huge and purple, it is the worst bruise I have ever seen!), slippers for school tomorrow! While she's been laying around feeling sorry for herself she has started on her finger knitting christmas gift list;


Don't you just love her old lady slippers!? Am hoping that the children will get me some for christmas.

Daisie xxx

5 comments:

JuicyFig said...

Funky hats!! I love them! - and I have no idea how to do a good self portrait, in fact I try never to have my photo taken - I almost challenged my photography tutor last year to take a decent photo of me but didn't want to over stretch him!!!
Kath
x
ps - are you going to the knitting and stitching show at harrogate again this year? MUST meet up with you if you are, we will be going on the Sunday this time...

sue said...

I LOVE the hats, they are so cute...clever mama :)
As for the photo bit well I cant even get myself in the pic lol x

Jackie said...

I'm an old lady and I want some of those slippers. Where do you get them?

Heather Leavers said...

excellent slippers - I had to throw my similar ones away last week cos I'd worn holes in them. Mine were pink with silver stars, very grown-up (!!) from Primark. Not exactly the centre of handmade excellence, but CHEAP. Your hats are gorgeous and so are you of course :-)

Becks said...

Lovely hats and I think your photo is lovely too.
xx