Monday 2 February 2009

My Crafty Daughter

I'm sure I've asked this before but do we pass on our craftiness in the genes?

Elizabeth 'had an idea' and spent ages over the weekend making this pencil, bracelet and ring for her friend Myah;



She made rather alot of pencils;



She had a box of assorted beads, some embroidery thread and a roll of double sided sticky tape. I think they look rather professional to say she is only seven;


Today I have been walking in the snow, sewing like a mad woman (not bags for the shop but a belated birthday gift), visiting SAMS, completing my first aid course (feel free to drop dead, have a heart attack, stroke, choke on something or drop into a diabetic coma now I know what to do), got a certificate and everything, making chilli beans for tea and munching on yogurty raisins (mmmmmmmmmmm)!!

Will, hopefully, be able to show you today's sewing project tomorrow when said item has been delivered (depending on snow, of course).

Daisie xxx

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Very proffessional! The 'craftyness' (not sure if that is actually a word) is definatley in the genes!
x x x

Sharon said...

The pencils are fab! All I've passed on is an ability to make a mess!

JuliaB said...

oh yes, i think craftiness is definately in the genes, and it looks like you have a very talented daughter! x

Pixiedust said...

What talented children you have daisie. xxxx

Gem said...

Your daughter definitely has the crafty gene! Not sure where I get my craftiness from as my mam can't even thread a needle!

Scary Mommy said...

Love that idea!! Clearly they have their Mama's touch!!

Jackie said...

Clever girlie. I think you should keep her at home to male you a fortune! ;)