They are 2.4m high so just enough to stand books on the very top if we run out of room, as I suspect we might! It feels a little full, for want of a better word, dark and crowded. It will be fine and just adds to the comfy atmosphere of the room. It's always hard when we come to refill a room. We empty it, pull all the walls down, rewall, plaster, sand and paint, the room is empty for such a long time that when it has furniture and life back in it it always seems like a tight squeeze.
That feeling is not helped at the minute by the sheer number of books waiting in an orderly (?) manner to join their friends on the shelves;
Simon spent all day yesterday carrying boxes out of the attic and down the stairs, I think he has muscles on his aching muscles this morning. We gave up at 11 and went to bed with the shelves half full, hopefully the boxes will all be empty by tea time!
And Little Blue Mouse awarded me a 'Stylish Blogger' award (here I must confess I have forgotten to nick the picture to add to the post so you'll just have to wait and see it in the sidebar when I get round to it). Now I have to nominate people, which I'm not going to do (bad me), I'm going to say if you'd like it then you have have it as long as you tell the blogiverse seven things about you. I need to now tell you all seven things about me that you don't know but to be honest I'm not sure that there are seven things that you lot don't already know. But I''l try.......
1. I am the oldest of five children and I was home educated until I was 11.
2. You all know that I like to cook and bake but I love chopping veg, lots of veg into small regular pieces for soups and pasta sauces etc, when I am having a bad day it soothes my soul (now you really know I'm a nutter).
3. I look at motorbikes longingly, Simon and I went everywhere on his bike before I learned to drive and unless it was a food shop or me going to work we still went everywhere on the bike. He took us on long journeys and I would often fall asleep against his back. I haven't been on the bike since I fell pregnant with Elizabeth. I can't wait for the children to be all grown up so I can tuck in behind him again and we can have adventures.
4. I'm a laundry sniffer, nothing smells better than a load of freshly washed clothes hanging to dry!
5. I always wanted to play the saxophone when I was younger but never learned.
6. I'd love to have the money and live in a suitable location to run a little tea/book shop. I think it's our retirement dream for Simon to be pottering around with old books all day while I bake cakes and brew big pots of tea for visitors.
7. One of my favourite lunches is houmous and avocado snadwiches, mmmmmmmmm!
I suspect that not alot of that was new to you but I like to try.
Anyhoo, I need to go off and dye my hair, we all had a haircut yesterday, I've had mine chopped back again like I did in November and then when I went for weekend supplies I found some amazingly purple hair dye down from £8 to £3, it would have been rude not to bring it home really! Then I am hoping to pop out without the small people in search for a wedding outfit. Wish me luck!?