Sunday 3 August 2008

Crackers!!

Never again will I think, oh we'll just have crackers for lunch, look at these monsters;


We bought them at Ikea, not realising it would take 5kg of cheese and several hundred grams of marmite to cover them but hey, we like an adventure! I filled one with ham, tangy mature cheddar, red peppers, cucumber and baby vine tomatoes. The other was half marmite and crumbly, salty Cheshire cheese and cheese with celery and tomatoes on the other side. We had fun breaking them into pieces to share;


While Simon has been preparing the room for dry-lining I have been embroidering a bicycle for my Dad's birthday;


It's not what you'd call anatomically correct but you get the gist at first glance. I drew the image free hand in pencil on some heavy cotton fabric (one of the few pieces that is not hiding in a box in the attic until my big cupboard is ready) and went over most of it in chain stitch to give the lines some bulk. I then sewed round the edge of the pic and a piece of paper so it would be easy to mount onto card.

Daisie xxx

2 comments:

Twiggy said...

oooo they do look scrummy though. I love the bike card, it's lovely.
Twiggy x

Pixiedust said...

Those Pizzas look yummy daisie and I love the card you've made your dad.