Thursday 17 July 2008

Making Stuff

Here are the amazing goodies that Jenny sent to cheer me up, what a love!


The 'Stitch' magazine has some wonderful ideas in it, perfect for Christmas gifts (OMG, Christmas is coming)! Lovely oriental character stickers, sparkly pink corners (Francesca has her eagle eye on these), and a little pack of ribbon bits and beads and a sherbet dib-dab thingie.

I have had a day of making things, Nataniel has mostly slept, think it's what he needs. Francesca and I had an afternoon at the table making a cushion for Elizabeth's teacher (to go on the new chair in the class room);

This is the card I made as a thank you for having Elizabeth this year, Miss Hall is wonderful and I hope she gets Francesca in Y1 because she's brilliant;


It's a pretend clip board and I have put the teacher's name at the top and done ten spellings (wonderful, caring, kind etc), marked them all right with a big tick and put ten out of ten at the bottom and a well done sticker. It's a shame the picture's not better as am rather pleased with it.


I also made a card for Cara (Saturday party girl) with a decoupage "lily of the valley" fairy that I got in a kit. Don't usually do decoupage but I got the bug and made this puddle duck one for a little girl who will be seven on Saturday;


I got the stamp free on a magazine a bit ago and haven't used it before, I stamped four ducks in black and coloured them in with soft pencils. I trimmed each image differently and layered them up (can't really see this in pic). Mounted them on some pearly pink paper and then on torn handmade paper and fluffed the edges. I finished the card with a broad pink ribbon threaded through the spine and tied in a bow at the front.


Off to do some more knitting now, cardigans don't grow on trees you know!!


Daisie xxx

1 comment:

Twiggy said...

Morning lady
Your parcel of goodies are lovely. I love the cushion and cards, I'm so pleased Nathaniel is getting better and you're having some you time. It's such a worry when your little ones are poorly. Have a nice weekend
Twiggy