Monday 7 July 2008

The Lost Weekend

Blimey, what a weekend!

It started at 4pm on Friday when Simon bunked off work early so we could go to Ikea! We were in search of a chair for Francesca (pics will follow) but bought lots of lovely other things too (don't you always)! We thoroughly enjoyed our sweedish meatballs for tea.

We arrived home long after the children's bedtime so flung them into bed super quick and were not far behind them. We need sleep for our big adventure on Saturday.

We got up and ate a hearty breakfast and set off to see Dr. Who at Sapceport in Liverpool. Simon and the girls have been to this one before but I haven't so very exciting indeed! We met up with our friend Paul and his daughter, Taryn, who is a bit older than Elizabeth and is a Dr. Who maniac just like us. The plan was to see the exhibition and then head back to Paul's to watch last weeks episode closely followed by this weeks finale. Paul's other half had made Lasagne for everyone too, how good an evening was this going to be!!

Just to make Twiggy jealous, here is a snap I took of the outfit that Dr. Two (see what I did there) wore in the final episode. I'm sure I detected a distinct niff of Tennant;


And here we are with a Hath;


The evening was splendid and Dr. Who was marvelous (we're now counting the days until the Christmas Special) but another late night for the children, bad parents that we are!

Sunday morning we were woken just after five by Francesca, I told her to go back to bed and was told that she 'felt sick' I sent her to the bathroom and snuggled back down but soon dashed through at the speed of light when I could hear her retching, poor baby. I spent most of the day rubbing her back and holding her hair out of the way. Nathaniel also spent the day chucking up. It was vomit city here! I went through so many pairs of pyjamas that by the end of the day I was wearing some terrible grey bottoms that are easily a decade old and haven't washed well and a Beavis and Butthead (remember them?) T-shirt of Simon's. I was the most attractive woman in the country, I can tell you!

Everyone much better this morning, just a little limp and tired!

AOB:

Lynsey is back at home and seems fine after her mystery illness, good to have you back!

Appologies to Jenny, when I said "I didn't think you were that old" I didn't mean you were old I just meant that you look so wonderful and youthful in your photo! X

More sewing being done (as well as lots and lots of washing) so will be back soon with completed projects, one hopes at least!!

Daisie xxx

5 comments:

Twiggy said...

did you sniff the suit? I would have snipped a bit off with my scissors to keep under my pillow :)
How good was the finale on Saturday - sigh. I want a DT clone. Hope your little lady is soon better ,we've all been proper poorly all weekend, Mr Twigs even off work today - that never happens!
Twiggy x

jennyflowerblue said...

Hey silly, no offence taken! When our sweet Polish pharmacist asked how old I was she said 'but you can't be you're far too immature!' I took that as a toal compliment! Sorry to hear that you have all been so unwell, just not fair. Happy laundering!

Swirlyarts said...

Oh dear! Hope you are all better now xx

Pixiedust said...

Hi Daisie, I hope everyones better now, you poor things. Dr Who party sounded great. My friend and her two littleuns are Dr Who mad. I never remeber to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am an avid Dr Who watcher as well, did you acutally get to meet him? Bet it was awsum even if you didn't.