Thursday 3 December 2009

Dress Update

She likes it;


I have finished the sleeves and sewn the hem, it isn't entirely straight but becasue it's so huge it doesn't matter. The bodice was a bit baggy and instead of taking the sleeves off and trimming it all down a size I added a 'sash' style tie to the centre piece of the bodice to pull it all in a little bit. Elizabath likes this as it make her look like there is a small bosom there!! The zip went in but isn't central (not sure how I managed that) so tomorrow I will take it out and trim down one side to make it line up right. There is a little more bling to add to the front and some finishing by hand to be done but it will be delivered to her teacher tomorrow at hometime. I do hope she likes it, although not too much as I am not making anyone else's costume!!


Daisie xxx

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Well done you.
Its great.

Bagladee said...

it looks great Alex, fab job!! xx

WendyCarole said...

it's great

Swirlyarts said...

Looks cool - did the teacher like it?

Jude said...

That is great, I remember making allsorts of outfits for my two, including a rabbit outfit for Gareth and a 30's dress for Bethan...