Tuesday 11 October 2011

Things Making Me Smile

So far this week I am not liking the darkness, getting up in the dark, the grey grey sky that has rained forever for days and days and makes you all wet from the knee down because even though you have your longest waterproof coat on the wind is driving the rain sideways! I am not liking that I have put my Berkies away for another year and winter feet are upon us. Gone are the funky coloured nails (no one will see them now except me in the shower) and trimmed are the lovely nails I have cultivated in the warmer weather to protect my socks.

But what socks;


The children bought me these in the summer for the astronomical price of 50p! This is the first time I have worn them. I love them. My favourite title/name/label/occupation/vocation/passtime......

Also liking my brilliant door mat;


Isn't it fabulous and it cost me less than three squids. Much happiness when I saw it and the happiness continues ever day when I wrestle my way back home through the wind and rain and open the front door. The picture has been turned many times but blogger seems to like it sideways??

So to sum up; tis wet and cold and miserable but if you look there are always things to make life seem better.

What's making you smile today?

Daisie xxx

7 comments:

dropstitch said...

My socks are making me smile too, though they are not as exciting as yours! Mine are navy and white stripes with a little red bow on the side. I'm also smiling about the fact that for the first time in years I have a pair of shoes that do not leak, so even though I just got rained on, my feet are still cosy and dry. Plus I just bought a pineapple :)

Twiggy said...

My new mug is making me smile, it arrived in the post today and I'll blog it later :)
Isn't the weather yuck, I've walked back from school in it and I'm back to school again soon as I'm working this afternoon - urgh !!
Twiggy x

WendyCarole said...

your socks made me smile in a day that was lacking smiles for one reason or another. But I love socks and purple

Pomona said...

Love your doormat! And thank you for joining in the giveaway - I am very impressed that you have lots of ideas already!

Pomona x

Anonymous said...

Love the doormat!
I have a little smile on the horrible rainy days because of my new birthday wellies (but it would be nice not to have to wear them everyday) x

Becks said...

Cool socks :)

xx

bibbitybob said...

Oh I love that doormat! Where was it from? x