Thursday 23 December 2010

Bad Pictures Of Good Makes

How on earth is it Christmas Eve Eve already, argh!!!!! Pass me some more wrapping paper and a couple extra days please!?

Well there are several things that I think were just wishful thinking on the 'list', the placemats are not made, but we don't really have space for a big fancy table for lunch on Saturday as the front room is not quite habitable yet, so that matters not. The bears/robins I had planned are nowhere near even cut out but the small people they were destined for have lovely gifts regardless. Elizabeth's skirt remains unmade but there is a reason for that which I'll share later. My cardigan still has only half a back and I only have half a wristwarmer. But the people who are important to me all have a small gift, be it planned or improvised and that's all that matters really.

Simon has had some small workie men 'helping' in the front;


I did manage to knit some deep red wool petals and felted then in the sink to make my friend a flower brooch similar to one she saw at K&S which was £28! It's not just as delicate as I had hoped for but am quite pleased with the outcome and hope she will be too;


Nathaniel's bag has buttons;


I made this from two huge napkins I got in the summer at the scrap store. There is enough for a pencil roll but I just haven't had time, a new years gift maybe.......


This is why I haven't made Elizabeth's skirt yet;



I got this fabby fabric at K&S for a fraction of the price I had seen it at elsewhere, still expensive to me but well worth it. I haven't made the skirt as I think this fabric would make a great swishy skirt with a net lining, kinda rocksbilly? I want to know what she thinks before I cut into the rest but didn't want to show her as it would spoil her bag suprise.

The dinosaur still needs legs and Francesca's lacy scarf needs finishing, there are a few presents left to wrap and some alcohol calling my name so I'll be off for now.

Daisie xxx


*The pictures are awful, am hoping Father Christmas finds time to bring me a new camera and if not some daylight :)

3 comments:

Little Blue Mouse said...

Well considering you had a 'to do' list as long as your arm and a new job I think you've done great. You should be proud of what you've achieved, you've made some fantastic things.
I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say that I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Sending you lots of hugs xx

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace claudia.