Thursday 8 July 2010

Ouchey Ouch, ooooooh And Ugh!

Francesca has been at home again today (she stayed in her PJs yesterday too), she has a very high temp, sore bones but nothing specific, lots of love and sleep seems to have made her much better. Nathaniel has been the same this week. There has been an outbreak of 'slap-cheek' at school, it's a viral infection and the usual reaction is becoming very very red down one side of your face, hence the nickname. It spreads like wild fire. My girlies have had it before. I wonder if this is what they have just without the red reaction? And today, after a week of administering paracetamol, cups of water and endless cuddles at all hours of the day and night, I seem to have it. My bones hurt so much. Francesca said her ribs hurt when she breathed, I assumed it was tired muscles from coughing but I have not been coughing and it hurts to breathe. I now feel very sorry for the pair of them in retrospect :(

But on the plus side of our poorly pyjama clad situation is lots of little helpers for the fair on saturday (have I mentioned it :));


My pictures seem to have been jumbled? So here is Francesca modelling the new hair slides we made this morning, Nathaniel turning the handle on the bigshot, francecsa choosing buttons and me burning my finger, bloody hot glue gun!!


Here threy are (some of them, we made twelve altogether);


I dug out the braceletes I made that didn't sell on Folksy and thought I'd try them in person, maybe someone will fall in love with one if they can hold and try on;


And this is how much Francesca likes the hair slides;


Unfortunately, I ran out of binding before I ran out of pretty triangles, no time to order some and expect it to come before saturday :(

I have a number of t-shirts stabalised and ready to sew, all my bags and t-shirts need ironing, I need to find all my little tags and get them stamped so I can price up items and really all I want to do is go to bed. Think a hot cup of tea and some paracetamol is in order.

Daisie xxx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never heard of 'slap cheek' so am pretty certain that none of mine have ever had this....oh I do hope you're all feeling better very soon.

Great stuff you've been making, I'm loving the hairslides....the bracelets...are they stretchy (to fit anyone) or one standard size?

Bronte has been very cranky again today, I am thinking it's either another tooth, or well, she's just being a pain. We're on 11 teeth now and she's 11 months old...which is by far the fastest 'teeth grower' of my three, M didn't even have ONE until she was 10 months old. Feeding is such fun, sometimes...OUCHY! lol xx

Nancy said...

In the states we call this "Fifths Disease"...or Parvovirus B19... very nasty...

Hopefully you feel better for Saturday...good thing is once the disease is diagnosed they aren't really contagious anymore...

Swirlyarts said...

Oh dear - feel better soon :)

sue said...

Oh dear, hope you all feel much better soon. xx

jennyflowerblue said...

Get well soon to the Daisy family, I think we have just had hand foot and mouth, which is nice!! (not) Good luck for the fair, your goodies look lovely. xx

Sue said...

I hope you all feel better soon and I hope the fair goes well on Saturday.

dropstitch said...

Get well soon and good luck tomorrow! With that lovely bunting hanging about, I predict you'll be beating customers off with a stick!

Two Owls said...

Hope you're all well on the mend and good luck for tomorrow, hope the sun shines and you sell plenty of your lovely stuff! x