Thursday 6 May 2010

Kindness

My Mum brought round a huge pile of luverly tomatoes, they have been chopped, peppered, olive oiled, mixed with some chunky peppers and courgettes and slow roasted this afternoon ready to go on some pasta for tomorrow night's tea, thanks Mum!


She also brought round some teeny tiny cucumbers, just Sebastian sized;


And then the postman knocked today and look what he gave me;



I was expecting a little something from the lovely Jackie (because unless you know someone who knows someone it's very hard to suprise people in blogland as you have to ask where they live), I had commented on her blog post last week about some amazing, bargain price, Laura, Ashley fabric she found at her local carboot and she said she'd like to send me some;



The print's much bigger in real life than I had thought but the pinks are lovely, not too sweet and not shout-in-your-face either. Francesca has demanded a summer frock and a matching bag, watch this space.......


Jackie also sent me this lovely too;


My picture doesn't really do it justice, the colours are really strong and crisp, think I know what this is going to be, again, watch this space.....

And having gifts arrive in the post reminded me that I still haven't completed my PIF gifts for three lovely ladies who will have to send me their postal addresses again, I know how bad am I but I have today started filling a little address book for blogland, everyone who has sent me something or I have sent to is now in the book so no more hours trawling emails without success! Hurrah!

Daisie xxx

6 comments:

dottycookie said...

Ah,my niece has a duvet cover and curtains in that pattern - isn't it lovely?

jackanne said...

so glad it arrived safely! hugs jackie aka (jackanne) xx

jackanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jackanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Walshaw said...

Love the second fabric, oh and the tomatoes make my mouth water just thinking about them

Jude said...

wow, Sebastian looks so grown up!!
Lovely fabric...don't forget to show us what you make..