Tuesday 19 January 2010

The Penis Has Arms Too!

And isn't she pretty;


A special sock monkey for Francesca's special friend Olivia;


She was such a lovely thing to make, really simple and yet so very charming and I don't think you could make two the same even if you tried! I think there may be some more of these popping up around here.

I want to say a really big thank you for all the lovely supportive comments left here and the emails I have had behind the scenes. My wobble is getting smaller and I feel stronger already. Am seeing the infant feeding coordinator on thursday and will chat to her about my options when it comes to making a complaint of some sort, something does need to be done and I think with help I will be the person to do it.

And my spirits were lifted this morning when I recieved a commission for some wedding invites. A mum at playgroup is getting married next year and was talking about the invites, she explained to me what she was thinking and where could she get the stuff and who would make them for her and we spent the morning batting ideas around last week. Over the weekend I put her ideas together and came up with a card I thought she could work from;


A terrible picture but you get the general idea. She is having a vintage tea party for her reception and the whole thing has a kind of handmade kitschy feel to it. She loved the invite and has asked me to make 86 for her, we are going out fabric/paper shopping on monday. Very exciting indeed!

Nathaniel and I are off to the children's centre (with Seb in tow) to a mini mozart session, am rather looking forward to it. Who'd have thought when I felt so crap and worthless on friday that by tuesday lunchtime I'd be bouncy again!? Thanks everyone!

Daisie xxx

7 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Love the sock monkey!

Jude said...

That is fantastic...where'd you get the 'pattern'?

Glad you're feeling better
x

Unknown said...

Yes! Where did you get the pattern, shes great!

Vicky x

Gina said...

Really glad you're feeling better. Great sock monkey!

Jackie said...

Its a good job its a girl or it would have to have been called Richard.
I think you should pity the poor health visitor.She probably feels insecure in her position but it doesn't make you feel good when someone is so unpleasant does it?
I hope its sorted out soon.

Dotty said...

glad you are feeling better x A penis with arms ??? does that mean it could do some housework ?

WendyCarole said...

love the monkey.
Glad to hear you ae feeling a bit better.
Card is great